Sunday, May 9, 2010

The call of the wild

Well, we landed safely in Johannesburg and got ready for our tour the next morning. The flight over was unbelievably turbulent, it was like a 5 hour long rollercoaster ride! We set off for Kruger National Park at 5am, picked up another 6 people, and drove for hours and hours to get there. Once we got there we sorted out our tour group, me, Stacy, Michelle from the USA, and Joana from Australia, and met our tour guide, John. We set off on our first game drive that day and spotted so many animals. Kruger National Park is so amazing!!! Unfortunately I cant get my pics to upload, and it doesnt look like I'll have time/internet connection/computer skillz to be able to update the blog properly, so I'll have to update once we're in Greece, with photos. All I can say is, if you havent been to Kruger... GO! We camped out in permanent tents, with only an electric fence keeping us apart from the animals... a hyena walked past our tent! The food was fantastic and the scenery was breathtaking. I dont want to update too much, because pictures say so much more than words can! I had the best time, and am already planning my second trip to africa! We have so much in store for us for the coming two weeks, we have a little group together already for shark cage diving :D I've met a lot of Stacy's family and theyre awesome, I feel like I've known them forever :)

Anyway, I have to stop being anti-social now, so I will update in a couple of weeks... sorry to the people who have been asking me to update! (The pics of Kruger are amazing... but you'll just have to wait :D)

xx
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Harooooo!!!!!!!!! Hope you're enjoying Africa :) Thailand is stinking hot but lots of fun. Miss you heaps! Let's skype when you get internet back ok? Love, ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, so glad you like the family, enjoy you're stay in Cape Town.
    Can't wait to see the photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see the pictures. I wonder what the Hyenas said to each other when they passed your Kiwi tent. Enjoy Africa and the sharks.
    love you. mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look out for the sharks!!!
    Enjoy Africa with the big five!!
    You have seen four of them. Thats great!!
    Nice you meet the family of Stacy.
    Greetings from Holland and have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, nice to hear you two have so much fun, I alwaus want to do one of those trips, hwo knows one day,love to see you around with the amazing animals, I think it it an experience you never forget,a bit quiet here those days now mum is away and dad, hello from Ton,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Laura en Stacy.I can"t wait to see photo'.Enjoy your time and have much fun.Say hello to Stacy.I will look evry week and post a comment to u.Gr.van tante Nicole.Dikke kus.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete