Monday, March 29, 2010

Tigers!!!!

We made it back to Bangkok in one (tired) piece. It was a bit sad because we all knew the tour was coming to a finish and we'd all have to say goodbye to each other, but we still had a day to muck around. Aom took us to the grand palace... this palace is INSANE!!! It's massive and incredibly ornate. We got to see a bit of the treasury as well, and it's amazing!



We've also gone to the tiger temple (went with Kitti Raft tours - not very impressed, unless you like to pay a lot of money for an uninterested non-english speaking driver, instead of a tour guide). The tigers were so amazing! We paid a bit extra to pat them and have their picture taken with their heads on our laps. They also had a couple of 8 month old cubs (who were pretty big). I can only speak from what I saw, but they didnt look drugged up or unhappy. We saw a leopard in kanchanaburi which was chained to a table, which was completely drugged beyond belief, but the tigers at the tiger temple seemed pretty alert and well fed and happy. Then again im not an expert on drugging animals so I'm not 100% sure.





we made it up north and Pat's tour is great so far - going to do silversmithing and stay ata homestay. Dont have much time on the internet left...
ill keep you updated!

xx Laura

4 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for this update, I have really been looking forward to it. Those tigers look amazing and you're both looking great. Take care and love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that Tiger, he peed on me when I was walking behind him (stupid idea).

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I LOVE the tiger yawning shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they were so awesome! I love tigers :D

    ReplyDelete