Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ka Kite Aotearoa

My last weekend in NZ was spent in one of my favourite little towns with 2 of my favourite people. Me, May Lee and Mum went to Raglan for an overnighter, and we spent the last couple of days chilling in the sun and visiting the beautiful landscapes of our country.

The funny thing is we booked into an "Eco Lodge", not realising it was a pretty full on hippy commune - complete with an Earth Dome LOL! There were crazy hippies everywhere, and signs for people to avoid flushing the toilet if possible.



This weekend we had amazing weather. We relaxed in the sun and had a picnic dinner watching the surfers at Manu Bay. Mmmm chicken!



I spent this morning with my toes in the sea... I love Raglan's beaches and the gorgeous sunrise peeking over the hills. I love watching the early morning strollers, the woman wrestling to control her three dogs, the lonely fisherman whistling to himself, the surfers crashed out in sleeping bags next to their boards. There's something beautifully serene about dawn at the beach, before the bustle of the day.






Next blog after take off!!

xx Laura

2 comments:

  1. Yay you have a blog!!! Great tool to keep everyone up to date on your adventure! Will definitely keep checking! See you guys tonight! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for the next update...

    ReplyDelete